Marlene Stiles, Economic Development Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org extension 2237
Rachel Big Canoe, Economic Development Assistant
Phone 705-437-1337 extension 2224
The Economic Development Officer is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing activities related to economic development and employment ventures. They are also responsible to the community in working towards achieving its economic and employment goals and objectives. In addition, the Economic Development Officer informs the community about business opportunities and assists members in the development of work plans and coordinates special government/agency work programs.
Duties and Obligations:
- Identify and analyze human and physical resources by conducting surveys and questionnaires of band resources, employment and income requirements, commercial and industrial opportunities, skills, aspirations, needs and interests of community members.
- Consult special studies, consultants’ reports and federal, provincial and municipal governments statistics.
- Compile, tabulate and interpret the results of the search for information.
- Prepare reports explaining and analyzing the community resource base and its opportunities.
- Maintain good working and reporting relationship to council.
- Maintain and promote public relations with agencies and other interested bodies.
- Study the community’s resources base and look for economic development opportunities.