Our Human Resource Coordinator is Greer Atkinson.
Duties and Obligations
* To develop and deliver human resource programs consistent with Georgina Island First Nation's priorities and objectives.
* Research, develop, deliver and assess programs in:
o Organization structure/relationships
o Change management
o Job description, evaluation and classification
o Recruitment and orientation
o Competency profiling
o Career management
o Training and development
o Harassment awareness (Human Rights)
o Dispute resolution
o Occupational health
o Employment equity
o Employee assistance
* Define and implement appropriate human resource policies, procedures and guidelines consistent with Georgina Island First Nation policy and priorities.
* Assess human resource issues and advise supervision on alternatives and their benefits and consequences.
* Manage human resource files.
* Provide consultation services; e.g. counseling on addictions and workplace safety.
* Provide leadership to project tams; e.g. with respect to change management.
* Provide human resource input to strategic plans and their effective implementation; e.g. risking strategies.
* Develop and update human resource information systems.
* May participate as a member of a tribunal to hear grievances.