To continue with the spirit of Hugh Big Canoe’s dedication to assist Youth understand and enter into business and to provide an assistive mechanism for the purposes of starting a new business or expand an existing business for Youth between the ages of 15 – 29 on an annual basis.
• Individual must be nominated from someone who is from the OTC First Nation membership;
• Individual nominated must be between the ages of 15-29;
• Application must be accompanied by a Letter of Support stating how the nominee demonstrates qualities of a role model such as leadership, the ability to communicate, dedication and perseverance;
• The business must be operated, at a minimum , between April and September;
• Nominee must have demonstrated role model qualities;
• Nominee must be willing to attend the OTC AGM; and
• Nominee may be requested to consider being a part of a role model program for other OTC First Nation Youth.
Timeline of Program:
• Call for Nominations will be announced to the communities the last day in February each year.
• Nominations and applications are due the last day March.
• Selection of a candidate will occur April.
• The successful nominee will receive funding in May.
• The business will be operated over the summer months with a final report/presentation to be provided at the OTC AGM.
The Panel will review the outline of the business, a budget that includes operating costs and how the funds will be used, and the nomination letter.
Funds distributed to a maximum of $2,500.00
Funds can be used to offset costs of running and operating a business other than direct payment to the selected participant in lieu of wages. Specific area of interest include service costs such as bookkeeping, development of a business/marketing plan, marketing costs and capital purchases.
Ogemawahj Tribal Training and Employment Resources(OTTER)